Author: a number of the reviewer’s remarks were therefore defectively written, just how can he be considered a judge that is good of!
- It is true that numerous reviewers would not have English because their very very very first language. Maybe they discovered your English ended up being hard to realize, or simply these people were afraid that other reviewers would point this out and felt ashamed when they didn’t state any such thing in regards to the English language. Some non-English speakers feel it can save your self face should they criticised the language.
Writer: You asked a colleague through the United States to see your paper and then he stated it absolutely was fine!
- Probably the English in your paper had been okay, but simply not adequate enough for book. Possibly your colleague had been attempting to be good, and would not like to state he thought the English ended up being not adequate enough. Possibly your colleague didn’t would like to get stuck aided by the work of is essay-writing.org/write-my-paper safe re-writing your paper. Maybe he simply didn’t comprehend your paper and did want to admit n’t it.
Writer: you might think the reviewer is judging your English more harshly as it’s from Asia.
- Many journals run a” that is“blind review, for example. any such thing pinpointing the writer is taken away before giving for review. Nonetheless, you will find usually clues in the paper, such as for example mentions of past magazines, or of Chinese research. Additionally any English that is native speaker choose through to English that simply will not appear normal to him, whether or not theoretically grammatical – have you any idea any Us americans who are able to write perfect Chinese?
List of positive actions
- Did you know a person with exceptional English whom you could ask to help you in the English in your paper? Preferably, this will be somebody who knows the subject material of the paper, or at the very least is knowledgeable about the needs of systematic book.
- Utilize the services of an organization like ISE, with a successful history of English language modifying for scientific documents. For more information, call us only at
Just how to react:
- We regret there have been issues with the English. The paper was very very carefully revised by [a indigenous English presenter]/[a professional language modifying service] to boost the sentence structure and readability.
Reviewer: There’s nothing brand new in this paper.
Author: needless to say there clearly was! Didn’t he see clearly properly?
- Maybe this got lost within the information of this paper whenever you composed it. Many writers get overly enthusiastic composing their techniques and outcomes, with quite a lot of information, but forget to include a strong summary.
- Maybe you would not desire to boast way too much regarding your findings, or thought that it had been apparent that the outcomes revealed a step that is major.
- Maybe you would not talk about other research in your community, either since you assumed the reviewer is acquainted with it, or perhaps you would not would you like to draw focus on comparable work. Perhaps the reviewer thought you had been maybe maybe maybe maybe not alert to this research.
- Perhaps here really isn’t anything new in your quest. For the reason that situation, it really is not likely to have posted. But clearly there will be something a new comer to report: a more substantial research team, a method that is different learn populace?
List of positive actions
- Keep in mind that numerous editors state that the true number 1 cause for rejecting a paper is really because it doesn’t provide one thing brand new. Although many research builds on work done before, no body would like to spend your time reading about research that doesn’t show any such thing brand brand new. Consequently it must be made by you clear what exactly is brand brand new regarding the research findings.
- Go through your paper very very very carefully to determine places where you can make clear what’s brand new.
- Pay attention that is particular the abstract, conversation and summary (or concluding sentences)
- Include more information in regards to the implications of the research
- If required, atart exercising . increased detail about other research in this topic area, and exactly how your quest differs with this. Discuss conflicting research.
How exactly to react:
- Many thanks because of this feedback that is valuable.
research [is the first to ever show that…]/[confirms the findings of White et al. in a more youthful generation…]/[improves the yield of…]. we’ve added a phrase to your Abstract ( web web web page 2 line 5, and paragraph towards the conversation part ( page 15 starting line 8), to make clear this.
Reviewer: highlights a mistake in your paper